Re: [BUG] SLOB breaks Crypto

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon May 17 2010 - 12:17:22 EST

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 02:33, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:24:41PM +0100, michael-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> Pekka Enberg schrieb:
>> > Even with CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB enabled or with CONFIG_SLUB and
>> > CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON?
>>
>> no, these options have not been / are not enabled.
>
> Can you please try it with those options enabled? That will tell
> us if there is some latent bug in the crypto layer that only shows
> up right away under SLOB.

After seeing a posting from Nemoto-san on the linux-mips list (should
show up soon on
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2010-05/threads.html),
I'm wondering if these defaults are the culprit;

mm/slab.c:#define ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN __alignof__(unsigned long long)
mm/slob.c:#define ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN __alignof__(unsigned long)
mm/slub.c:#define ARCH_KMALLOC_MINALIGN __alignof__(unsigned long long)

Note that some platforms override this.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds