Re: TRACE_EVENT() declarations belong to include/trace/

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 18:11:39 EST

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 05:45:11PM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> Why are there TRACE_EVENT() declarations in arch/powerpc/include/asm/trace.h for
> irq_entry/exit ?
>
> What's so special about them that they cannot be put in linux/trace/ ?
>
> I'm all for the trace_irq_entry/exit instrumentation, but I don't see any good
> in adding event declarations outside of include/trace/.
>
> Thanks,

Yeah,

If this is to trace all irqs, then it seems to me the wrong way.
We already have generic irq_handler_entry and irq_handler_exit trace events.

May be those in powerpc are here to get the spurious irqs by computing
a diff between generic and arch irq events? In which case
it would be better to get dedicated spurious irq tracepoints.