TRACE_EVENT() declarations belong to include/trace/

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 17:45:19 EST

Hi,

Ranting about:

commit 1bf4af165050d90ea6659ffb2536ec8ca783aab5
Author: Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Oct 26 18:47:42 2009 +0000

powerpc: tracing: Add powerpc tracepoints for interrupt entry and exit

Why are there TRACE_EVENT() declarations in arch/powerpc/include/asm/trace.h for
irq_entry/exit ?

What's so special about them that they cannot be put in linux/trace/ ?

I'm all for the trace_irq_entry/exit instrumentation, but I don't see any good
in adding event declarations outside of include/trace/.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers