How to see kernel pr_err error messages.

From: reg
Date: Sat Feb 27 2010 - 05:33:44 EST

Im looking at some kernel code, and there are 'pr_err' error messages in
it that would help me discover my problem.

However I dont see them printing anywhere.

What do I have to do to see these error messages?
A search with GOOGLE and a grep of the code wasnt too useful, but
it seems possible that I need to set

#define CONFIG_DEBUG

Is that true? I see a lot of <something>_DEBUGs in the .config file
but no simple CONFIG_DEBUG that is commented out.

In any case, how do I get these things to print?
--
Reg.Clemens
reg@xxxxxxx