Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/5] usb: otg: add notifier support

From: David Brownell
Date: Tue Jan 26 2010 - 10:16:56 EST

On Tuesday 26 January 2010, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> but when suspended, we have to cut power ASAP. If not enumerated we can
> still draw power for a few miliseconds due to dead battery provision.

When suspended, it's OK to draw a small amount of power.
On the order of one milliamp, based on the config that's
active ... instead of, often, hundreds.

That limit is why for example a PXA 255 could never get
certified as a bus-powered peripheral. It required much
more than that when in suspend mode.