Re: reiserfs broken in 2.6.32 was Re: [GIT PULL] reiserfs fixes

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Sat Jan 02 2010 - 21:02:20 EST

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 06:36:03PM -0500, tytso@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Yes, quite a bit more than that. One such test (which is used by
> xfsqa test) is the fsstress proram, which is quite flexible. You can
> program different combinations of fallocate, direct I/O read/writes,
> setxattr, buffered read/writes, symlinks, truncates, renames, etc..
>
> The xfsqa suite will run fsstress in a number of different modes, but
> that's not the only test program that it uses. It also uses the fsx
> program which exercises concurrent read/write/mmap operations, as well
> as other programs to test acl support, noatime support, etc.
>
> I make a point of running the regression test suite before pushing a
> patch series to Linus; it makes me far more comfortable than I haven't
> accidentally introduced some problem.

Hmm, I'm trying to play with it, and some things are not obvious to
me. I can launch fsstress directly, works well, but as I would
like to run all possible tests, I'm trying the check script, as
explained in the README file.

So I've set the partition and ran the script:

export TEST_DEV=/dev/sda3
./check -r

But:

[: 53: ==: unexpected operator
common.rc: Error: $TEST_DEV (/dev/sda3) is not a MOUNTED xfs filesystem
Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 reiserfs 134797288 2982296 131814992 3% /data

I'm not sure how I can run these tests on a non-xfs partitions.
I must be missing something.

> > I guess this is the right place to get it?
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfstests-dev.git
>
> Yep. You'll need to install a number of packages to compile it,
> including libaio-dev, libattr1-dev, libacl1-dev, xfsprogs,
> xfslibs-dev, etc.

Thanks.