Re: Q: Why I do have to restart alsa everytime after a resume from disk/ram ? Is this alsa- or kernel or config related??

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sun Dec 13 2009 - 15:38:20 EST

On 12/12/2009 03:51 PM, Christian Hartmann wrote:
sorry,

here are some logs&& configs attached:

cheers
chris

2009/12/12 Robert Hancock<hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx>:
On 12/11/2009 03:21 AM, Christian Hartmann wrote:

hello list,

everytime I suspended to disk or to ram, regardless of the used kernel
(git or stable from distri), I must restart alsa to hear sound again.
searched google and tried a lot but still the same awful behaviour.
Has anybode some suggestions for me? is this alsa related ? or is this
a kernel issue which could be dealt here?

That might help, but you didn't actually answer either of these questions:

I'm not sure what you mean by restarting ALSA, do you mean reloading the
audio device module or something?

You didn't mention which kind of sound hardware you were using either..