Re: Help needed, Re: [Bug #14334] pcmcia suspend regression from2.6.31.1 to 2.6.31.2 - Dell Inspiron 600m

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 31 2009 - 17:45:49 EST

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> The patch is appended, please have a look.

Looks sane to me. It does the actual real socket ops early, and does the
crazy pcmcia resume late.

And I like how you abstracted out that dev->socket thing in
pcmcia_socket_dev_run().

The only thing that looks odd is how you do "socket_start_resume()" in the
"late_resume" path too - that has already been done by the early_resume,
and as far as I can see you're now initializing the socket twice.

Is there a reason for that? Or am I misreading the patch (I didn't
actually apply it, I just read the patch itself).

Linus