Re: RFC: Updating the LKML bug reporting/updating framework

From: Robert Bradbury
Date: Mon Oct 26 2009 - 08:12:31 EST

Thomas, thank you for pointing this out.

I was unaware of the kernel.org bugzilla database. Sometimes people
will go from AT&T UNIX to SGI IRIX to Linux without making a stop at
kernel.org. If it comes on a CD and boots relatively easily people
may not bother with such details. I think I started using Linux
around the time I started using Mosaic and that may have been before
the kernel.org site was as robust as it now appears to be (if it
existed at all).

Given the bugzilla database, is the LKML with its high volume and
noise level (IMO), now largely obsolete [1]? (I think I a Google
search may have led me in the direction that it was the place to
report bugs).

1. Is there an lkml-interesting sublist (or do subscribers need to
make up their own filters)?