Re: RFC: Updating the LKML bug reporting/updating framework

From: Thomas Backlund
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 19:33:03 EST

Robert Bradbury wrote:
Now, the LKML seems to to be a throwback almost to 1971 when the first
email messages were sent between a couple of PDP-10s. It has patches
that I have no interest in, discussions I have no interest in and were
it not for Gmail's search function it would be generally useless (very
high Noise-to-Signal ratio). Now maybe I do not understand the Linux
development process. Maybe this is a "Wizard of Oz" case and there is
a hidden bug reporting system hidden behind the curtain -- but in
spite of my best efforts I cannot locate it.

You didn't read http://www.kernel.org/ ??

There is a nice section on the first page stating:

Reporting Linux Kernel bugs

Please see http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html if you want to report a Linux kernel bug. Bug reports sent to the kernel.org administrators will be ignored.

There is now a bugzilla setup at bugzilla.kernel.org. Currently this is for reporting kernel version 2.6 bugs only.

--