Re: [Bug #14388] keyboard under X with 2.6.31

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 12:06:16 EST

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> Actually, this looks simple. Please see the patch below.

Ok, I should have read all my emails before responding to the previous
one.

But my response ends up being the same: I think your patch is fine, and I
think you should drop the conditional flag. I don't think anybody _ever_
wants to run the same work entry on multiple CPU's at once. Anybody who
wants parallelism needs to use multiple work entries _anyway_ (since the
accidental parallelism you *can* get with a single one is really very
accidental indeed).

Of course, it should be tested in -next for a while regardless. And talk
to the networkng people, who are the main user of workqueues.

Linus