Re: PATCH: ARCH in builddeb

From: Frans Pop
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 17:01:24 EST

On Monday 14 September 2009, Wei Chong Tan wrote:
> I was using "make ARCH=i386 deb-pkg" in the kernel on a 64bit machine
> and found out that the .deb package created was _amd64.deb.
> Consequently, I modify the builddeb script to take into account the
> ARCH environment variable.

Thanks for the patch. I'd like to give it some testing though as I fear it
may break one other use case that currently somehow does work correctly.

If I cross-compile for arm with EABI set in the config, the script
currently correctly generates an armel package (probably through
dpkg-cross).

Possibly your change would override that and change it to arm. I don't know
for sure it will go wrong, but it does need testing. I'll let you know.

Cheers,
FJP