Re: linux-next: manual merge of the security-testing tree with thearm tree

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 06:15:20 EST

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 06:55:00PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Actually Linus is probably clever enough to fix the conflict himself -
> after all, I did :-)

In my experience, sending follow-up emails to Linus on issues to do with
pull requests doesn't work - the pull happens long before Linus reads the
follow-up email. It's entirely possible that Linus has already pulled
my tree, but hasn't published it yet - I've seen that happen several
times when I submit pull requests over a weekend.

If there's a problem, Linus will reply, possibly with a "check my
conflict resolution" or "I've not pulled, please fix it up your tree".

--
Russell King
maintainer of: