Re: linux-next: manual merge of the security-testing tree with thearm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 04:55:19 EST

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:12:21 +0100 Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:03:55PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > This is now a conflict between the arm tree and Linus' tree (as the
> > security-testing tree has been merged).
>
> That's going to be a problem then - I've sent Linus a pull request last
> Saturday, and so my tree is now frozen pending a response from Linus.

You could, of course, send an email to Linus saying something like
"linux-next has shown that you will get a conflict in
arch/arm/kernel/signal.c when you merge the arm tree. You could fix it
like this: ... or I could merge your tree and fix it locally and let you
know when it is done."

Actually Linus is probably clever enough to fix the conflict himself -
after all, I did :-)

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx