Re: expresscard hotplug not working

From: Mark Lord
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 08:52:43 EST

Mike Mohr wrote:
Hi,

I think I'm having a similar problem to the fellow listed here:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2007/10/16/344543

The only difference is that no card will work at all unless it is
inserted before system power is turned on. If the card is removed
while the system is running it stops working and will never return to
life unless the system is rebooted with the card in the slot.
..

It's probably the b0rked PCIe hotplug support.
The driver is way too strict about things at times,
and as a result it doesn't work "out of the box" on
a huge number of Dell notebooks (and possibly others).

Just create a file called /etc/modprobe.d/pciehp,
and stick this one line into it:

options pciehp pciehp_force=1

See if that works.