Re: x86: IPC driver patch for Intel Moorestown platform

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 11:10:35 EST

> 1. built-in code adds platform-device for mrst_ipc
> 2. user space auto-loads the mrst_ipc driver
> 3. mrst_ipc driver creates child devices for each of its attached
> devices

The devices talking to it already are devices - but they will be input
devices, watchdogs, etc. They already belong in existing classes.

I also don't believe the mrst ipc is enumerable either. If it was
enumerable it would make a lot more sense.

Having the mrst a platform device which itself contains the hardcoded
magic addresses definitely sounds a good move.