[BUG] Loading parport_pc kills the keyboard if ACPI is enabled

From: Ozan ÃaÄlayan
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 05:10:19 EST

Hi,

I was having this issue since 2.6.30_rc1 (if I remember correctly) but I
didn't have time to analyze and report here until today.

If I don't give acpi=off during boot, the keyboard becomes unusable when
udev starts. The connection type of the keyboard don't matter at all, I
tried with a USB and a PS/2 one.

I was using the system with acpi=off, today I've booted into initramfs
and loaded all the modules that seem to be loaded after a normal startup.

I inserted parport.ko and then parport_pc.ko and the keyboard is gone,
here are the last lines:

# insmod newroot/lib/modules/2.6.30_rc8-120/kernel/drivers/parport.ko
# insmod newroot/lib/modules/2.6.30_rc8-120/kernel/drivers/parport_pc.ko
parport_pc 00:09: reported by Plug and Play ACPI
parport0: PC-Style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP, TRISTATE]
#

Thanks,
Ozan Caglayan