gspca_vc032x not working with skype in 2.6.29

From: Felix von Leitner
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 19:38:57 EST

I used to be able to use skype with video conferencing using
gspca_vc032x on this very hardware, but now all I get is a broken double
image. I only get part of the actual image, the lower left part I
think, and the colors are off, and you can make out two copies of my
head. In short: this looks like skype got a different color space than
it asked for, rgb32 vs yuv or something like that.

Is anyone here using gspca_vc032x successfully with skype on 2.6.29?

I don't remember which version worked for me, but it was about a year
ago.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Oh BTW: I tried booting 2.6.30-pre3 to see if that would help. Not only
did it not help, I got strange pauses in the audio output in mplayer;
every couple of seconds audio output would stall for half a second.

Felix