Re: Q: selinux_bprm_committed_creds() && signals/do_wait

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 19:37:44 EST

I am totally confused and almost sleeping, so another question ;)

What if eligible_child()->security_task_wait() returns the error?

wait_consider_task:

if (unlikely(ret < 0)) {
/*
* If we have not yet seen any eligible child,
* then let this error code replace -ECHILD.
* A permission error will give the user a clue
* to look for security policy problems, rather
* than for mysterious wait bugs.
*/
if (*notask_error)
*notask_error = ret;
}

But shouldn't we return 0 in this case ?

The current code proceeds and either reaps the child or clears notask_error.

Oleg.