Re: [Patch 1/1 v5] via-sdmmc: VIA MSP card reader driver support

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 14:35:36 EST

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:24:02 +0800
JosephChan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The following patch provides VIA MSP SD/MMC card reader driver support.
> This patch is based on 2.6.29 kernel.
> Thanks to Pierre's suggestions.
> Please feel free to contact me if any problem. Thanks in advanced.
>
> In addition, the SPEC is available in VX800 Programming guide (Device 13 Function 0) on http://linux.via.com.tw

Looking good. There's just a few minor things. See below.

> +
> +nodata:
> + if (cmd->opcode == MMC_STOP_TRANSMISSION)
> + cmdctrl |= VIA_CRDR_SDCTRL_STOP;
> +

I didn't check this part properly the last time. I'm assuming you're
telling the hardware that this is a command that terminates a data
transmission? If so, you cannot check the opcode like that. There might
be other stop commands.

What you need to do is to either pass another parameter to your
function when you're calling it with data->stop, or simply have a test
in there if cmd == data->stop (or mrq->stop, whichever is most
convenient).

> +
> + if (ios->clock >= 40000000)
> + clock = PCI_CLK_48M;
> + else if (ios->clock >= 30000000)
> + clock = PCI_CLK_33M;
> + else if (ios->clock >= 20000000)
> + clock = PCI_CLK_24M;
> + else if (ios->clock >= 15000000)
> + clock = PCI_CLK_16M;
> + else if (ios->clock >= 10000000)
> + clock = PCI_CLK_12M;
> + else if (ios->clock >= 5000000)
> + clock = PCI_CLK_8M;
> + else
> + clock = PCI_CLK_375K;
> +

This looks a bit strange. Why are you not comparing with the clock
frequency you'll be setting?

> +
> + mmc->f_min = VIA_CRDR_MIN_CLOCK;
> + mmc->f_max = VIA_CRDR_MAX_CLOCK;
> + mmc->ocr_avail = MMC_VDD_32_33 | MMC_VDD_33_34 | MMC_VDD_165_195;
> + mmc->caps = MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA;

You also need to set the bits stating if the controller supports the
high-speed SD and/or MMC mode, otherwise the core won't go over 25/20
MHz.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org
TigerVNC, core developer http://www.tigervnc.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.