Re: USB disconnect, address 6

From: Jon Grant
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 05:12:15 EST

Hello

2009/4/6 Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 07:04:45PM +0100, Jon Grant wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Would there be a way to propagate the device name back from the scsi
>> system to the usb so it can name the device which is disconnected in
>> the output? This saves needing to go hunting to find what the
>> disconnected device was.
>
> What do you mean, all the info needed is already in the messages below,
> what more do you need?

The idea was that the disconnect could give more information.
Otherwise it's necessary to go hunting back up the log to track down
which USB device was the one disconnected (which works fine, but isn't
ideal for time consumed doing this regularly).

[...]
>> Apr Â5 18:56:58 data-laptop kernel: [65451.669308] usb 5-1: USB disconnect, address 6
>

> confused,

If it said instead:

Apr 5 18:56:58 data-laptop kernel: usb 5-1: USB disconnect, address 6
(Samsung Mighty Drive)

Would this not be clearer?

Please include my email address in any replies.
Regards, Jon