Re: [Announce] 2.6.29.1-rt4

From: GeunSik Lim
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 23:29:00 EST

Dear Thomas,

>The broken out patches are also available at the same download
>locations.
>
>Enjoy !

Thank you for new release announce.
I am using new version ( linux-2.6.29.1-rt4 ) now .
config file is http://leemgs1.googlecode.com/files/i386.2.6.29.1-rt4.ftrace.config.20090404

I have one question. What is "broken-out" 's meaning for rt patch file?

When I opened realtime patch files for vanilla kernel,
I always checked 2 files like belows.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.29.1-rt4-broken-out.tar.bz2
<-- collection of seperate files for each patch.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.29.1-rt4.bz2
<-- only one patch file.

What is difference meaning of file-name format
between "patch-2.6.29.1-rt4-broken-out.tar.bz2" and "patch-2.6.29.1-rt4.bz2" ?
I have always wondered that.
I am sorry for sending this stupid and easy question.

Thanks,
GeunSik Lim,

2009/4/4 Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
> series.
>
> Â Â Â Â- rebased to 2.6.29.1
>
> Â Â Â Â- powerpc64 tlb rework fix by Peter
>
> Download locations:
>
> Â Â http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/
> Â Â http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/
>
> Information on the RT patch can be found at:
>
> Â Â http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> to build the 2.6.29.1-rt4 tree, the following patches should be
> applied:
>
> Â Â http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.29.1.tar.bz2
> Â Â http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.29.1-rt4.bz2
>
> The broken out patches are also available at the same download
> locations.
>
> Enjoy !
>
> Â Â Â tglx
>
> --