Re: Linux 2.6.29

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Fri Apr 03 2009 - 03:25:26 EST

On Thu, Apr 02 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Jens - remind us what the problem with AS was wrt CFQ?

CFQ was just faster, plus it supported things like io priorities that AS
does not.

> There's some write throttling in CFQ, maybe it has some really broken
> case?

Who knows, it's definitely interesting and something to look into why AS
performs that differently to CFQ on his box. Lennart, can you give some
information on what file system + mount options, disk drive(s), etc? A
full dmesg would be good, too.

--
Jens Axboe