Re: [patch 0/6] Guest page hinting version 7.

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 15:30:40 EST

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 22:32:00 +1100
> Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I still think this needs much more justification.
>
> Ok, I can understand that. We probably need a KVM based version to show
> that benefits exist on non-s390 hardware as well.

That would indeed help your cause enormously (I think I made the same
point last time). All these complex transitions, added to benefit only
an architecture to which few developers have access, asks for trouble -
we mm hackers already get caught out often enough by your
too-well-camouflaged page_test_dirty().

Hugh