Re: Genapic cleanup & NUMAQ/es7000 removal

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 15:11:17 EST

> I'm not going to apply that series for the reasons i outlined in the NUMAQ
> discussion already. The runtime callbacks arent really a maintenance
> problem: most of them are in boot code so it's not a runtime overhead issue.

Ok. It's basically dead code now, dropping it would just make
the kernels a little smaller and also the code somewhat easier
to read.

If you keep them I would be interested in hearing about your testing plan
for es7000 and NUMAQ AFAIK there is noone currently running them which
makes that likely challenging.

Also the first two patches in the series were independent cleanups
not directly related and should be applied anyways independent
whether unused code should be dropped or not.

commit fa9b9131b555b1d72d6bbfa8c1d6cb22659cc011

Remove empty setup_portio_remap inlines in bigsmp/summit

These are all unused inlines

commit 47e05d047c0e9c5c75003ec7ce97de753b264ed6

Move wakeup_secondary_via_nmi into numaq_32.c

It's only used there.

-Andi