Re: Fat64 / exFat fs and Linux

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 22:28:29 EST

A B <spinflipper4@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Ok, I've put the patchset to,
>>
>> http://userweb.kernel.org/~hirofumi/exfat/exfat.tar.gz
>>
>> exfat/series is patch order to apply, and exfat/patches/* is patches.
>>
>> It would be temporary place, well, anyway, this is my lastest version.
>>

> Thanks for the code, I patched it into 2.6.28.2 and tried it on a 128MB USB
> volume filled with many files. The driver correctly read 73% of the files.
> Impressive. Looking at the others, they seemed to have what I would call
> 'alignment problems'.
>
> md5sum: WARNING: 1008 of 3842 computed checksums did NOT match

Thanks for testing. I see. What is the 'alignment problems'? Well,
anyway, can I get the disk image of USB, or are there any way to
reproduce it in my machine?

Or can you dump with hacked userland command (this can be buggy)?

http://userweb.kernel.org/~hirofumi/exfat/exfat-userland.tar.gz

$ tar xzf exfat-userland.tar.gz
$ cd exfat-userland
$ make
$ ./exfat /path/to/exfat_device > exfat.dump

And please send exfat.dump.

Well, if you can debug it with this userland command, it would be
helpful. :)

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>