hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError }

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 15:40:12 EST

Hello all,

I added extra IDE drive I get similar messages like below so I replace
it another drive but I am still getting similar error messages on
2.6.29-rc2-tip:

hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=0
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device hdb, logical block 0
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=8
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 8
Buffer I/O error on device hdb, logical block 1
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=16
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 16
Buffer I/O error on device hdb, logical block 2
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=24
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 24
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=0
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hdb, sector 0
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=4294967295
ide: failed opcode was: 0xea
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: wcache flush failed!
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=4294967295
ide: failed opcode was: 0xec
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=4294967295
ide: failed opcode was: 0xa1
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: status error: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hdb: status error: error=0x40 <3>{ UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=208845, sector=4294967295
ide: failed opcode was: 0xea
hdb: drive not ready for command
hdb: wcache flush failed!