Re: [patch 016/104] epoll: introduce resource usage limits

From: Bron Gondwana
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 06:01:40 EST

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:03:34AM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> The attached patches do this - the first bumps the default to 1024, and
> the second adds /proc/sys/fs/epoll/limits which contains 4 values. The
> first two are the maximum current value for each field, and the second
> two are the values of max_user_instances and max_user_watches again,
> similar to the file-max interface.

And this third one (on top of the other two) adds the UIDs of the most
heavily using users to the "limits" file, to help you track them down.

Bron ( pretty sure there's tabdamage and crap in there, but I'd like
some feedback that I'm otherwise on the right track before I
polish these up and Signed-off-by: them )