Re: serial8250 madness

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 07:10:28 EST

Andrew Walrond wrote:

Machine B

ttyS0 and ttyS1 will both receive, but neither will send. Go figure. Tested using a null modem cable, setserial and cu against the known good machine above.

It's not just the linux kernel; grub also refuses to send anything using this board's serial devices, so I think the hardware/bios must be stuffed somehow.

And since this is an MSI board with 'Microsoft only Live Bios Update software (tm)' as the only bios upgrade option, it will be visiting the skip in short order.

I haven't seen this before; I hope it's not becoming a new fashion.

Andrew Walrond