Re: Partially defer some of the async stuff to the next release

From: david
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 16:31:23 EST

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Alan Cox wrote:

Can we rather make this something that people can enable with a "fastboot"
option and is disabled by default? At least that way the ATA people can
see the problem, and don't just forget about it, since we want it fixed.

Makes some sense - although the inode one should just take a hike at this
point. Can the fastboot option live under staging perhaps - its analogous
to staging drivers although clearly the code doesn't go there in this
case ?

The trouble otherwise is "fast boot" sounds like something good for
people to turn on, but right now it's the reverse.

isn't this like OPTIMIZE_INLINE?

David Lang