Re: swiotlb: remove duplicated #include

From: FUJITA Tomonori
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 07:42:20 EST

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:19:14 +0100
Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> * FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:25:43 +0100

> > > i've applied yours to tip/core/urgent, thanks Jesper!
> >
> > The same cleanup is in tip/core/iommu:
> >
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=123044446721529&w=2
>
> yes, correct - as part of Becky and Jeremy's highmem series.
>
> > My cleanup patches in it are trivial, but I like to see Becky's swiotlb
> > highmem work, which is still in tip/core/iommu. When do you plan to push
> > it to mainline?
>
> In a few days, but wanted to hear back from either Jeremy or Becky first
> about how well they actually work in their usecases.

Well, you don't need to wait, I think.

All Jeremy and Becky need is adding highmem support to swiotlb. How we
support it doesn't matter. We can choose better one.

We all (including Jeremy) agreed that Becky's physical address scheme
is better (simpler) than Jeremy's struct page and offset
scheme. Surely, Becky's scheme works for Xen and him (Jeremy said that
he tested it lightly).

One remaining issue is how to support map_page/unmap_page. As we
discussed, we can add some workarounds for it but it's better to unify
dma_mapping_ops. I send patches to do it after testing them on an IA64
box tomorrow.