Re: Grsecurity is about to be discontinued, unless...

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sat Jan 03 2009 - 23:58:06 EST

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:16:50 PST, Linus Torvalds said:
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Gabor MICSKO wrote:
> > In short, I would like to know what is your answer to this request. And
> > in the case if you see no chance for the integration, I would like to
> > know what is the reason behind this decision.
>
> Quite frankly, historically the patches have been a mis-match of
>
> - some sane stuff

Probably the best way to proceed would be for the stakeholders to come to some
agreement on which parts are the "sane stuff" (which could be an interesting
food fight), split those parts out, and submit them for inclusion as standalone
separate patches.

It's a shame that the grsecurity developers had issues with the LSM architecture,
as their RBAC would probably be a nice addition to the slowly-growing set of
LSM modules.