Re: ath9k microwave anomaly

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Sat Jan 03 2009 - 15:15:41 EST

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
BTW, having any WiFi stopping working at 30 feet around a microwave oven
makes me think that beast is leaking like mad. I've already ran experiences
with mine in the past, and it could only slightly perturbate the traffic
within one meter (3 ft) which I already considered huge. You may want to
try to put some aluminium foil on the front door, it is possible that the
protection grid is damaged or not properly sealed.

great!!
(should I build a cement barrier?);
I had timeouts like this with the wireless phone
(then went out a bought an encrypted phone for this purpose);

Since a few months my wifi connections dropped during the day and sometimes
at nights well. So I took my laptop with the WiSpy dongle and went for a
walk in the neighbourhood. Found out that outside there's fresh air that
feels really good to your nose and also that one of my neighbours has a
wireless security camera which he occasionally switches on during the day.
(weblog entry: http://vanheusden.com/misc/blog/2008-12-11-wifi.php ).

now the microwave is causing the same issue.(silently though);
like what I had mentioned, the microwave causes this when
it's cold started, making wonder if the waves are better handled
when the metal or grate is warm as opposed to cold.
(molecules are jumping around as opposed to moving around);
in any case as long as that microwave isn't active the internet
connection seems O.K.(knock on wood);

There are devices with which you can measure the leakage of a micro-
wave (which should not be more than 50 watt per m^2 on a distance of
5 cm; read that at http://members.lycos.nl/return/mgnetron.htm ).
Iirc conrad.nl has these.

Folkert van Heusden

That device looks interesting.
looked at the article, just one problem
I suck at reading german, or speaking the
language. although I would love to checkout
oldenbourg or ingostadt one of these days.

regards;

Justin P. Mattock