Re: [ath5k-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 08:59:26 EST

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:18:45AM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Sure, will test, I am also sure that this will work.
>
> A110L, 2.6.28, success (also inverted here, traffic blanks it).
>
> Note that CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_DEFAULT_ON=m, might be related
> (possibly ath5k is just mis-using LEDs API, in light of this setting?).

Nope, genuinely inverted, modprobe ledtrig-default-on and
# echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/ath5k-phy0\:\:*x/trigger
actually blanks the LED.
ledtrig-heartbeat exhibits a weird inverted but actually heartbeat-like pattern,
too.

IOW, our hardware _is_ inverted for real I believe and the driver needs
to be fixed.

Oh, and what about the second LED on the left side? That one would be
available for driver implementation, too, right?
Or is that one hard-wired (via Embedded Controller?)
to rfkill mechanical switch?

(default use for those two would then be rfkill / Rx/Tx triggers, right?)

Andreas Mohr