Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 06:05:52 EST

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:09:43PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 09:17 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> > > - acx100 (ok, that one is a bit mean to add to this list ;)
> >
> > What's that?
> >
> > Just resend everything, please, fulyl changelogged, with all necessary
> > cc's.
>
> acx100 is legally challenged. We don't want to see it without a clear
> and full indication by the authors that they can guarantee that it was
> written without any copyrighted Texas Instruments material. Which
> they've never bothered to provide.

True (and fully agreed), but then that particular entry was just meant
to stir up some fog, I didn't really intend to focus on it at all ;)
The project was based on non-clean-room reverse-engineering from the get-go
anyway (5 people working for 3 months),
thus the only way to get this unfortunate hardware non-support situation
resolved would be by trying to get TI (or possibly newer holders
of that technology) to extend its specifications/firmware blessing
to older variants, not just the Android device-related chipsets supported
by their new driver which they now provided, thankfully.

Andreas Mohr