Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Jeff Kirsher
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 18:15:51 EST

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Andrew Morton
<akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:25:15 +0100 Andreas Mohr <andi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Adrian Bunk (1):
>> >
>> > The overdue eepro100 removal.
>>
>> That would be a rather pronounced NAK then? (sorry ;)
>> (reason: rendering my web surfing box useless due to networking loss,
>> see thread "[RFC/PATCH] e100 driver didn't support any MII-less PHYs...")
>>
>> AFAICS e100 is still "non-MII"-challenged (2.6.28 doesn't appear to have
>> the necessary changes, and this pull doesn't seem to contain updates either),
>> and a long chain of attempts to get this resolved hasn't worked yet.
>
> I didn't know about this, and that patch has been around for a
> loooooooong time. Please make more noise about these things.
>

>> Somehow I seem to hit some nice walls getting my stuff into kernel.
>> - e100 MII
>
> What's that? Does it make your web surfing work again?

He is referring to a patch to add support for devices which do not use
the MII interface which use an Intel MAC. I have the patch in my
local tree and have been keeping it up-to-date. I should have an
update on this patch after the New Year.

--
Cheers,
Jeff