Re: Firmware errors with ipw2200 when connected to an WPA-enabledAP

From: Zhu Yi
Date: Thu Dec 25 2008 - 22:06:20 EST

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 10:39 +0800, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> So, I am really curious about this, although not being fatal in
> itself,
> the errors are pretty annoying.

The fatal error is from the perspective of the driver. It is handled
transparent to the users now except the error logs.

> Another little question: will the card be supported by the new
> iwlwifi/iwlcore/iwlagn drivers anytime soon, or will the "old" ipw2200
> driver be the only one for this card?

No, iwlagn won't support ipw2200 because of the design difference.

> Someone really should update the
> documentation, at least in the kernel build system regarding this,
> currently "There is no help available." :)

I think John is working on reordering the ipw2100/2200 to ipw2x00 folder
which is parallel to iwlwifi.

Thanks,
-yi