Re: linux-2.6.28-rc2 regression : oprofile doesnt work anymore ?

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 12:10:23 EST

Hi Eric (and related people touching the code),

Just to confirm your observations (as you have a ? in subj);
oprofile is also broken for me on kernel 2.6.28-rc2.

(Related people Cc'ed
git log v2.6.27.. drivers/oprofile/ | grep Author: | sort |uniq)

Eric Dumazet wrote:

> I tried to start my favorite tool, and discovered it wont fly on my HP
> BL460C G1

My hardware: HP-proliant DL380-G5
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5335 @ 2.00GHz

> It samples few events then, seems to stop (no more NMI), other than that,
> machine still running correctly.

Same observation.

> It is working correctly on 2.6.27

Same observation.