Re: [GIT] /proc update

From: Alexey Dobriyan
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 14:46:30 EST

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:36:49PM +0400, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> Linus, please, pull from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/adobriyan/proc.git proc
>
> to get
> a) /proc/*/smaps fix aka "[vsyscall] is listed twice"
> b) proc_misc.c disintegration patches which spread that collective
> dumping ground into sensible pieces,
> c) trivial things.
>
> Regarding (b), it wasn't in -next because of huge rejects, it wasn't in
> -mm because of huge rejects, but (!) various people acked pieces, it was
> booted in several configurations here and proc files were created and
> worked as usual, it's trivial.
>
> Also, looks like, I can't put it into -next or into -mm and keep it for
> several months there because of rejects, and keeping it out of system
> will buy me approximately the same amount of testing as there is now.
>
> However, fs/proc/ compiliation was tested on huge cross-compile setup here
> and many, many randconfigs without warnings or errors.
>
> Now, if you don't buy it, pull from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/adobriyan/proc.git proc-conservative
>
> to get just /proc/*/smaps fix and trivial things.

Alexey Dobriyan (33):
proc: proc_init_inodecache() can't fail
proc: spread __init
proc: switch /proc/loadavg to seq_file
proc: switch /proc/uptime to seq_file
proc: switch /proc/meminfo to seq_file
proc: switch /proc/version to seq_file
proc: move /proc/hardware to m68k-specific code
proc: move /proc/stram to m68k-specific code
proc: move /proc/filesystems to fs/filesystems.c
proc: switch /proc/cmdline to seq_file
proc: move /proc/execdomains to kernel/exec_domain.c
proc: remove remnants of ->read_proc in proc_misc.c
proc: move /proc/kmsg creation to fs/proc/kmsg.c
proc: move rest of /proc/locks to fs/locks.c
proc: move /proc/devices code to fs/proc/devices.c
proc: move /proc/cpuinfo code to fs/proc/cpuinfo.c
proc: move rest of /proc/partitions code to block/genhd.c
proc: move /proc/stat to fs/proc/stat.c
proc: move /proc/interrupts boilerplate code to fs/proc/interrupts.c
proc: move /proc/slab_allocators boilerplate to mm/slab.c
proc: move /proc/slabinfo boilerplate to mm/slub.c, mm/slab.c
proc: move /proc/vmallocinfo to mm/vmalloc.c
proc: move /proc/buddyinfo boilerplate to mm/vmstat.c
proc: move /proc/pagetypeinfo boilerplate to mm/vmstat.c
proc: move /proc/vmstat boilerplate to mm/vmstat.c
proc: move /proc/zoneinfo boilerplate to mm/vmstat.c
proc: move /proc/diskstats boilerplate to block/genhd.c
proc: move /proc/modules boilerplate to kernel/module.c
proc: move /proc/schedstat boilerplate to kernel/sched_stats.h
proc: move all /proc/kcore stuff to fs/proc/kcore.c
proc: move pagecount stuff to fs/proc/page.c
proc: move /proc/vmcore creation to fs/proc/vmcore.c
proc: remove fs/proc/proc_misc.c

Arjan van de Ven (1):
proc: use WARN() rather than printk+backtrace

Joe Korty (1):
proc: fix vma display mismatch between /proc/pid/{maps,smaps}

arch/m68k/amiga/config.c | 21 +-
arch/m68k/atari/config.c | 15 +-
arch/m68k/atari/stram.c | 28 +-
arch/m68k/bvme6000/config.c | 11 -