Re: [git pull] IDE updates #4

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 08:45:25 EST

Hello.

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

Remove needless/confusing subdirs from drivers/ide/.
I think that with 2 new drivers being submitted/reworked based on feedback
and several patches submitted and pending submission to the pata-2.6 series
this really could have waited till 2.6.29...

The situation is perfect right now for this change as there are no outstanding
patches in pata-2.6 tree

There was one patch (already stale TX4939 version driver) as of yesterday.

and number of new submitted patches is < 10 (I'll take
care of fixing them up, ditto for all other new stuff that will be using old
naming scheme).

Thanks for clarifying this.
This rename only added more uncertainty for my pending patchset (which had been already dependant on at least TX4939 driver which keeps being recast by Atsushi and being stale in pata-2.6 series) as I can't predict when you and Linus will merge the changes and this is getting on my nerves, as I don't have time on any extra rework and I'm running out of time with the submission. I know I should have done this earlier and I'd have done this if its not for my unfortunate vacations... I aslso kept finding new issues looking on the IOC4 driver. :-/

Thanks,
Bart

MBR. Sergei