behavior of hrtimers scheduled to expire in the past

From: Daniel Rosenthal
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 20:24:51 EST

What is the intended behavior for an hrtimer that is scheduled to
expire in the past? I assumed that it would simply be scheduled to
expire at the nearest available time in the future, but I wrote some
scheduler code and it looks like hrtimers don't go off at all if they
are not scheduled to go off at a time which is after rq->clock. Is
this the intended behavior or is this a bug?

Daniel