Re: [TOMOYO #11 (linux-next) 01/11] Introduce new LSM hooks wherevfsmount is available.

From: crispin
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 15:41:21 EST

Quoting Shaya Potter <spotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I know I'm late to the game in this, but as I recently asked about this
and didn't get an answer, I'll re-ask my approach.

Why can't you do this

in lookup()

- resolve rules (not for single process, but for all processes) for
said path and tag dentry (seem to already have a hook)

in permission()

Because it doesn't work http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-fsdevel/2007/6/8/319446

Quick summary: The difference between the pathname model and the label model is dynamism. The accessi really is determined by the pathname to the file that you used to access the file. If you try to compute access based on attributes tagged onto the file, then you have to re-compute those attributes every time someone renames a file.

Crispin