Re: Linux 2.6.27-git3: rtl8169 oops and wireless missing symbols

From: Stefanik Gábor
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 16:42:02 EST

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> cfg80211: Unknown parameter `ieee80211_regdom'
>
> Ahh this one.. this is the 2 character module parameter you can pass
> to cfg80211 upon load and this is available only when
> CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY is enabled.
>
> I still don't see why you are seeing this, as your modprobe command
> did not pass any module parameter options.. do you have some options
> for cfg8021 in your distribution place for them on /etc/ somewhere?
>
> <snip>
>
> Luis

Let me have a guess: /etc/modprobe.d/options:
options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom="EU"

I also have this in my modprobe options file to avoid having to unload
all wireless drivers and stack modules, then reload manually. Possibly
some distros auto-set this based on the country selection. Though I
agree that CRDA is way neater.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)