Re: [crash] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereferenceat 0000000000000370

From: Larry Finger
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 18:40:34 EST

Patrick McHardy wrote:
Larry Finger wrote:
Patrick McHardy wrote:

This is what I was missing, we're setting a lockdep class
by default depending on dev->type. This patch combined
with yours should fix all addr_list_lock warnings.

No cigar yet. I tried davem's patch first, then yours on top of his. I still get both the recursive locking and the kernel warning.

Does this one earn me my cigar? :)

Sorry :(

I used the davem patch, the second version of your first one, and your second one. Both problems persist.

Still plugging away on bisection.

Larry