Re: [crash] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereferenceat 0000000000000370

From: Larry Finger
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 17:51:41 EST

Patrick McHardy wrote:
David Miller wrote:
Maybe something like the following should do it?

It looks correct in any case. I'm not sure whether it fixes
this lockdep warning though, according to the backtrace and
module list its b43 and dev_mc_sync in net/mac80211/main.c
that are causing the error, which don't seem to be included
in your patch. I'm unable to find where it previously
initialized the xmit_lock lockdep class though, so I must
be missing something :)

This is what I was missing, we're setting a lockdep class
by default depending on dev->type. This patch combined
with yours should fix all addr_list_lock warnings.

No cigar yet. I tried davem's patch first, then yours on top of his. I still get both the recursive locking and the kernel warning.

BTW, wireless doesn't work but if I plug in the wire, then networking is OK. It seems to be in mac80211, which is strange because I routinely run the latest wireless-testing kernel, and all the wireless bits should be there already.

I'm still plugging away at the bisection. I think I got away from the kernel that won't build.

Larry