Re: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Sat Jul 12 2008 - 19:25:18 EST

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Dmitry Adamushko
<dmitry.adamushko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure that you have removed my patch or the one from Miao? I
> would be really surprised if this patch works without them. Linus has
> updated sched_migrate_task() which is used _only_ by sched_exec() ---
> this is not the path that leads to this bug. try_to_wake_up() -> ...
> -> wake_idle() does not see "cpu_active_map".

Absolutely. I could have made an error somewhere along the way, of
course (yes, it does happen), but I am quite sure I did everything
correctly.

If you doubt it, you could try it too. All that is needed to reproduce
the original BUG here is CPUSETS=y and bring cpu1 down.

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it