Re: PATCH: 2.6.26-rc8: Fix IRQF_DISABLED for shared interrupts

From: Stefan Becker
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 05:42:36 EST

Hi,

ext David Brownell wrote:

And it looks plausible to me. Seems like this patch (or a variant)
should be merged for 2.6.26-final, yes? Disregarding IRQF_DISABLED
has -- as you noted -- significant potential for oopsage.

It seems IRQF_SHARED | IRQF_DISABLED has already been discussed several times on LKML:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/638251>
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/561205>

Especially this message

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/561205/focus=561222>

makes me think that Linus will reject my proposed patch for the lockup problem as it implements choice (c) on his list.

Alan: should I try to implement his choice (f) insteadn, i.e. drop IRQF_DISABLED from USB HCD interrupts and disable interrupts in usb_hcd_irq() instead?

Regards,

Stefan

---
Stefan Becker