Re: How many contributors are we losing

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 21:12:58 EST

On Fri, 30 May 2008 13:23:44 -0700
"Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was bored and went through the list. When it comes to knowing many
kernel developers, I don't consider myself to have very wide-spread
contact with too many people. But I was able to point out a few that
might not be day-to-day active, but are still around in some capacity.

> Ulrich Weigand

Still around, mostly working on toolchain stuff.

> Theodore Y. Ts'o

I have no idea who this guy is. What did he even do? ;)

> Artem Bityuckiy

I'm 99% sure this is Artem Bityutskiy, who's listed in MAINTAINERS and
is actively working on UBIFS.

> Tim Bird

Tim is still active on various lists.

> Jakub Jelínek

This is probably Jakub Jelinek, who's a glibc maintainer.

> kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx

Kay left? Is this why sysfs keeps breaking?

> David T. Hollis

David is still active on some of the embedded lists.

> Stephen Tweedie

Stephen is at Red Hat working on Xen stuff.

> Dan Malek

Dan pops his head up from time to time.

> Nico Pitre

Nico is still active in the MTD community. As active as the MTD
community is anyway.

> Utz Bacher

Utz is working on firmware stuff now I think.

> Joel Schopp

Joel has been transitioning to new roles lately.

> John Linville

Crap. Just when wireless was starting to work... ;)

> NooneImportant

Seriously? We had someone actually get a patch in with that name?
That seems wrong...

> Peter Jones

Peter is still around.

> Jenx Axboe

Typo.

> Ryan S. Arnold

Ryan sits down the hall from me. He's working on glibc for PowerPC.

> Dave Arlie

Typo?

> Jörn Engel

This is one of the many convolutions of Joern Engel's name. He's
working on Logfs and reviewing MTD patches.

> Adam Jackson

Adam is still around. He's the X maintainer for Fedora.

> Wolfgang Denk

Wolfgang is quite active.

> bugme-daemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If bugzilla gave up, what kind of sign should we take that as?

> Tom "spot" Callaway

Tom pops up with an occasional sparc patch from time to time. He's at
Red Hat.

> Steven A. Falco

Steven is still active on the powerpc lists.

> James Bowes

At Red Hat. Not exactly sure what his full job is.

> Dave Miller

I knew Dave was getting fed up with some things but I didn't think he
quit... ;)

> Alex Bounine

Alex continues to post patches for some of the Tundra devices.

josh