Re: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] Fixing the Kernel Janitors project

From: David Miller
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 02:12:18 EST

From: Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:51:36 -0700

> My raw numbers show that the number of individual kernel contributors
> continues to increase with every release, so this might not be as much
> of a problem as it's made out to be.

And even based upon pure observation, I sometimes cannot keep up
with the patch submissions even if I lock myself up in my office
for a full straight 12 hours of a day.

That tells me that we are almost nearing a situation where we have
more than we need.

I think this "we need more developers" problem really does not exist
currently. I see new people appearing all the time, and these are
the kind of new people we need, those who do useful work and aren't
in the "whitespace loop".