Re: can UBIFS be taken to linux-next?

From: Artem Bityutskiy
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 01:06:30 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
I'm not aware of any issues which would block a 2.6.27 merge.

I haven't reviewed the filesystem myself. Christoph Hellwig seems to
have had a good go through it and had numerous review comments, but it
is unclear what stage things are at with addressing them?

Indeed Christoph made a good go through and we appreciate this. We have
addressed most of his requests. I'll just cite the latest UBIFS submit
mail (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121180458401234&w=2):

* Requests from Christoph Hellwig's review (may be found here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121093446502796&w=2). Few things
related to the background thread were not done though. Here are
explanations why: http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121155640026661&w=2
and http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121119680522445&w=2 (see end
of the mail).
Also, we have not changed readdir() implementation so far, but just
put a comment that we cannot support NFS at the moment. However, we
have an idea how to fix this, but need some comments from the community.
We'll send a separate mail describing the problem and the possible
solution shortly. Nevertheless, this should not be a blocker.

We are currently working on "state-less" (in Christoph's terminology)
readdir() implementation. Here is what we are doing:

Would be nice to get some comments on 2 possible issues which will
be present in the new implementation.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (ÐÑÑÑÐ ÐÐÑÑÑÐÐÐ)